Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Eve as Sober Sally

Happy New Year's Eve! Hard to believe another year has flown by.  I never believed everyone that said that as you get old the years fly by but man is it true.  2011 was a great year don't get me wrong.  I still love my job, my family is still amazing and I learned a lot about my friends, which ones will be around and which ones it is better to not have around.  This past year I said goodbye to my Grandpa Kiesel, my last grandparent.  Sad as it was, he was ready to go home and be with my grandma.  They had a 50+ year marriage, one feat that I CANNOT wait to accomplish with Matt.  Having Matt by my side was very comforting through that difficult time. 

2011 also brought my official diagnosis of PCOS.  A tough pill to swallow but I was glad to have a name for what was going on in my crazy body.  Two failed cycles later we are on number three and here is hoping to good news in 2012! 

This year also marked another notch in my battle with my weight.  Not making a resolution, more of a promise that in 2012 I WILL change and take control of this weight once and for all. 

So I'm off to spend New Years Eve as Sober Sally so Matt and I both make it home safe.  Cheers to 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment