Thursday, June 27, 2013

Another Spin Around the Sun

This is a submission for PAIL Bloggers June Theme which focuses on looking back.

June 2012. What a whirlwind of a month. Matt and I were pregnant, we saw the test, had the betas and at the beginning of June saw our little peanut and heard the heartbeat. I remember lying on the table with tears in my eyes and Matt squeezing my hand as we looked at the screen. It was such an amazing sight and sound. After that appointment we said goodbye to Dr. S because we were moving on, back to my regular OB. It was sad to say goodbye because even though we had only spent 2 cycles with him he was the reason we were seeing and hearing that heartbeat. I was going to miss the nurses and their excitement for us. Don't get me wrong, I like my OB but to them I was just another pregnant lady, well until they saw my chart.

My favorite part of June was scheduling the appointment with my photographer to do a fun shoot announcing our pregnancy. L our photographer was so excited for us and loved the ideas I had.
My favorite picture and the way we told friends, family and of course facebook!
Looking back, I didn't know if we would be where we are today, with a little girl who is almost 6 months old. Who has started to have her own personality, is trying to crawl and growing up way to fast. When we started this journey in January of 2011 I had no idea that the things I know now existed. I knew people who had trouble conceiving but didn't know more than that. I didn't know about trigger shots, femera, HSG's, or heck what an RE could even do. The journey wasn't what I wanted but I think in a weird way it was what Matt and I needed to strengthen our marriage. I know so much more about myself and my body that I wouldn't take back.

While there are moments that I still look back at our journey, wondering how I made it through without falling apart, I prefer to look forward. I look forward to watching Reagan continue to grow and come into her own and what Matt and I's next venture is (actually more on that after tonight hopefully!!!).

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! So much can change in a year! It's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are where you are now. You aren't the only one who didn't realize all those things existed. I also thought Clomid meant ovulation and therefore pregnancy and that IVF always worked. Ah, to be so naive again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So amazing how much things can change! I adore that pregnancy announcement photo :-)

    ReplyDelete