Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Long Time No Post, Vegas and Exciting Stuff!

Whew it has been a while since I posted and I'm sorry but between nothing exciting or interesting to write about and Vegas the time wasn't really there to post either. Now I'm back though from Vegas (had a blast), AF came but not till Sunday (great timing) and I have my HSG scheduled along with my scan!

First things first, my Vegas work trip. It was awesome, I told Matt I can't wait to take him out there because I think he would love it! We did some gambling, saw a show, walked around, did a tour and ate some amazing food! I will share just a few pictures because there were times I was a complete tourist with my camera around my neck and I was completely OK with it.

The iconic sign which I somehow missed the first time we drove by it


This is where we stayed, Paris, and it was so nice and pretty all lit up


The Bellagio fountains.  I never got tired of watching them


It wouldn't be Vegas without Elvis


Statue inside Caesars Palace
 I also won some money on the penny slots but I didn't play any card games or dice games because they intimidated me.

AF showed  up full go on Sunday and it couldn't have been any better of timing. So yay we get to move onto the next step. My HSG is scheduled for next Tuesday and since Matt now works from home he will be going with me. I then have my scan scheduled for the 16th and then it is on to the baby making and hopefully good results! I will say it again, Dr.S's staff is super sweet and nice. The nurse I talked to allowed me to walk through my upcoming schedule 3 times and never got annoyed with me. Ah to deal with nice people is such a breath of fresh air. While I was on the phone with the nurse she did give me Matt's SA results and he is stellar, his count and motility were well above where they needed to be which makes me feel better knowing we don't have to deal with that hurdle.

So that is my last week or so in a nutshell. Things are going good for Matt being home now, he has had a couple of jobs but it is hard for people to get excited about lawn mowers when it goes from 60 degrees to snow. Thank you all for your encouraging words and support, you have no idea what it means to me.

4 comments:

  1. SO glad you had fun in Vegas (like it would be possible not to?!) I love your pictures.

    Great news about the SA! Whew, check that one off the list! I hope they find open tubes next week! Are they doing an ultrasound this cycle too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they will be doing an ultrasound which is the 16th and I will hopefully be getting my trigger but this is all still pretty new to me but I'm excited!

      Delete
  2. Oh yay! I must have missed that part, sorry! I hope they find some good looking follicles on the 16th! I'm thinking a trigger will be a great thing for you since you don't ovulate regularly. I did 1 cycle with a trigger, but it the timing of it all was just terrible (and I had one not-so-stellar follicle) Don't let that scare you, sounds like you're in great hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun in Vegas!! I could have stayed there forever!

    ReplyDelete