Wednesday, February 27, 2013

First Day Back

Whew I can't believe it is Wednesday already. This first week back is flying by. We have gotten a good routine going in the morning with me getting up around 6 or so showering, makeup and dressed. By this time Matt is usually back from doing chores and he can get her dressed (with an outfit that I laid out because he has a hard time making a decision!) and then depending on how I am coming along either I pump and he feeds her or I sit down and nurse her. I try to leave about 7:20 to drop her off and am at work by 7:45. I get off work at 4:30 so by the time I pick Reagan up it is almost 5:00. She may or not need fed depending on her last feeding at the sitters. If she doesn't need fed I usually hang with her for a little bit then start supper/do a load of laundry/pick up or whatever Matt didn't get done. After supper depending on time we have tummy time and play time on the floor then its bath time, feeding and she is in bed usually around 8:30. Matt and I have been wiped so we usually go to bed around 9:30. Exciting life I know but I love being back in a routine!

Work is going good, it felt like I was starting a whole new job the first day but now we are back in the swing of things. There were some huge changes (boss/mentor leaving, golden boy coming over, getting passed over for promotion for said golden boy) plus changed that came after our audit but we have all kind of settled into a routine. Customers are happy to have me back and love seeing pictures of Reagan. I even came back to some more gifts. I have also missed some of my co-workers and their crazy hysterical stories. Like right now 3 of them are in my office and I am crying laughing so hard at their stories.

So yes I miss hanging out with my little girl all day but I am glad to be back to work. The part that makes it even easier is that I love her sitter (as I've said multiple times) and I know she is in good hands. Plus the way she snuggles into me just melts my heart like it is her way of showing me that she missed me too.

5 comments:

  1. So glad things went well. Everything will fall into place perfectly and you will have a good routine in place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are doing great! And I am sure Reagan is melting when she cuddles into you, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your first day back was such a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear your survived your first day back! Reagan is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, girl! You're doing great! I'm glad your routine is working and that you enjoy working again. It'll be good for you, I bet!

    ReplyDelete