Friday, January 20, 2012

Vegas Baby!

I've thought about things to write all week but never took the time to sit down and actually write them so here is a whole week wrapped into one!

As the title suggests I'M GOING TO VEGAS!!!!! It is for work but still Vegas!  I leave on February 29th and come back on March 3rd and our conference is the 1st and 2nd so I will have an extra day to take in the sights.  I have never been there and am super excited about going, even if it is for work.  The conference is at Paris Las Vegas I believe, not that I really care exactly where it is but still.  Dear sweet Matt was funny when I told him that I was going.  His response was, looking at the dog, guess you will have to fight the dog when you get back for your spot back on the bed. He is such a dear.  Some other work related stuff, we let a person go this week and it needed to be done a long time ago.  Either way it finally happened and the atmosphere around here has changed dramatically for the better.  Which in turn makes the day better and morale is amazing!  It is amazing how one person can drag the entire place down.

I have been reading the Insulin Resistance Diet Book and let me tell you I really like the concept of it.  It is all about balancing your carbs and protein.  Keeping in mind that you don't eat more than 30g of carbs in a sitting and if you do then you need to balance it with at least 14g of carbs. You can eat more protein if needed and include vegetables.  The book lists a bunch of servings of each carbs and proteins and makes it easy to see your servings.  I'm still reading it but so far so good.  It just makes sense to me about limiting your carbs but not completely getting rid of them.  I have 3.3lbs left to go to meet my goal of 7lbs for the month!

It is CD 20, blood test tomorrow.  Nothing exciting at all.  Not sure if we are going to do another cycle of Chlomid if this one does not work or we take a break or what.  So wishing, hoping and praying.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for a trip! Work or not- it's exciting! The resistance diet sounds interesting. Hope it works for you. What are they testing for on CD 20 blood work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bloodwork was yesterday on CD21 to see if I ovulated or not. I am super excited for this trip since I have never been to Vegas before!

    ReplyDelete